COVID-19 Update (November 26, 2021)
Sights and Soul Travels has always put the safety of our travelers first. Like everyone, we are very concerned about the unprecedented spread of Coronavirus / COVID-19, and are continuing to monitor travel conditions around the world. We have been evaluating the conditions on a daily basis and will continue to assess the situation as it continues to unfold.
Our decisions are guided by information provided by:
which provide information about travel restrictions and other related guidance. We recommend checking these trustworthy sites for the latest updates.
The Greece 2, the Greece 3, the France, the Amalfi Coast, and the Sicily tours were the first 2021 tours to operate as normal following the travel interruption caused by the Covid pandemic. The tour to Egypt and Jordan will be starting next week. If a tour cannot be operated as planned due to travel restrictions (US/Canadian travelers are not allowed to enter or are required to quarantine), we will cancel the affected tour before its final payment is due, and if this happens, we will contact each registered tour guest. Should your tour be canceled prior to the final payment due date, you will be refunded 100% of all payments that you made to Sights and Soul Travels. If you are still uncomfortable traveling and want to transfer out of a 2021 tour before our decision, you can transfer your payments to a later tour that is currently open for registrations with no fees. If you want to fully cancel a 2021 tour and not join a later tour, the regular Terms and Conditions regarding the cancellation will apply. If you transfer out of a 2022 tour, the regular Terms and Conditions regarding the cancellation will apply.
If you are scheduled to travel with us, please check this page for further updates, as the situation is still very much unpredictable.
It is you, our clients, that make these trips so special, and without lowering our standards, we will do our very best to make sure all precautions are in place before we begin operating our tours again. Based on the number of registrations we have been receiving for late 2021 and 2022 tours, we expect that the demand for travel will rebound quickly once we can travel safely. This could mean a significant percentage of the population being vaccinated or a significantly lower number of new cases, both in the US / Canada and in the countries, where we plan to travel.
Once we can travel again, we will be implementing new standards on our future tours that will assure the safety of our travelers. In accordance with the World Travel & Tourism Council’s (WTTC) Safe Travel Protocols, guidance from leading experts, including the CDC and WHO, and, most importantly, with feedback from our tour guests, we have redefined how we will conduct our experiences as we resume travel. We will implement the following across all our tours:
- Larger buses will be provided to offer enough space for social distancing.
- Restaurant dining will be outside if available, otherwise, inside dining will be at two or three tables.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on buses and in hotels, and every tour participant will be provided with a hand sanitizer, as well.
- If required, tour guides, drivers and other subcontractors coming into contact with the tour guests will wear masks. All staff that you will have contact with (guides, drivers, restaurant servers, etc.) will be vaccinated.
- When visiting sights, especially indoor sights, that require masks, we will be asking all tour guests to wear a mask.
- If deemed necessary, tour guests’ temperature will be taken to make sure that everyone is healthy and can proceed with the planned day’s activities.
- For 2021 tours, we will arrange and pay for a COVID-19 antigen test prior to returning to your home country to avoid a quarantine on arrival, if it is required at the time of travel. For 2022 tours, we will still make arrangements for the COVID-19 antigen test prior to returning to your home country, but the cost of the test will no longer be included in the tour's cost.
In addition, we are asking you to travel only if you are comfortable. If you are in a higher risk category, have shown any symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone showing flu-like symptoms recently, we strongly recommend that you choose not to travel at this time.