Women Travel News. Why?
August 22 - 31, 2019
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Paris
$4,140 per person/ double occupancy
$1,180 optional single supplement
$340 additional nights in Paris, double or single room (including airport transfer)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
This will be an unforgettable journey. We'll experience Paris: ancient and modern, funky and elegant, the beautiful City of Light. We'll get to know and love Paris, as we visit the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre, enjoy the opulent Versailles Palace and Monet's water lily gardens in Giverny. We'll shop for flowers at neighborhood markets and for haute couture at Galleries Lafayette, as we acquire a new sense of style. We'll create lifelong memories as we sample the world's best cheese and chocolate during the gourmet Paris walk, take a cruise on the Seine and dine atop the Eiffel Tower. After the excitement of Paris, we'll travel to Provence, and experience the French country living at its best. We'll get immersed in the unhurried appreciation of Provencal countryside, enjoying the French cuisine, wine and history, as we connect with new, like-minded friends.
The Paris and Provence Tour is a feast for all senses. We'll enjoy the unforgettable aroma, as we walk through Provencal countryside, relish in the taste of olives and country wines, learn to cook Provencal dishes and pair wine with chocolate, as we hum to music spilling from sidewalk cafes. We'll follow in the footsteps of Romans in Arles, and dance on the bridge of Avignon. We'll get to appreciate the vineyards, cypress trees, stone bridges and quaint villages that inspired Picasso and Van Gogh and chat with shopkeepers at outdoor Provencal markets.
We'll spend 5 days in the Left Bank, Eiffel Tower neighborhood boutique hotel in Paris and 5 days in an elegant country villa in St. Remy in Provence;
In Paris, we'll explore the highlights of the city, take a gourmet culinary tour, cruise on the Seine River, enjoy a private tour of the Louvre, and dine atop the Eiffel Tower. We'll spend the morning at Monet's gardens in Giverny and the afternoon at the Versailles Palace, touring the Royal Apartments, Marie-Antoinette's Estates and admiring the "dancing waters show" performed by dozens of fountains in the Versailles gardens;
While in Provence, we'll explore the Provencal village markets, tour the renowned Châteauneuf-du-Pape wineries, spend a day learning to cook Provencal dishes, learn to pair wines with chocolate and to use the right olive or walnut oil, we'll visit Pont du Gard, stroll among the historical riches of Avignon and fall in love in Arles.
Throughout the tour, we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants, allowing for the fullest appreciation of the French cuisine. We'll enjoy the sophisticated French and Provencal cuisine and wines throughout the tour.
- 4 nights in a boutique hotel, in Paris Eiffel Tower neighborhood;
- 5 nights in an elegant Provencal villa near Avignon;
- 9 breakfasts, 7 dinners, 3 lunches, chocolate and wine pairing session, gourmet culinary tastings - traditional French or vegetarian menu, including drinks;
- Private airport transfers on arrival and a group airport transfer on departure;
- Round-trip TGV train between Paris and Avignon and all transportation in France;
- Professional local guides and an experienced tour director, all sightseeing fees and admissions;
- Cultural activities, sights and attractions as per itinerary;
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities.
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, additional hotel accommodations, early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, meals not included in the itinerary, optional tour director's gratuities, porterage, optional activities not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, mini bar charges, laundry, personal expenses.
- Dining atop the Eiffel Tower
- Touring Versailles Palace
- Visiting Monet's Waterlily Gardens in Giverny
- Louvre's masterpieces unveiled
- Impressionist collection at Musee d'Orsay
- Gourmet culinary walk
- Dinner cruise on the Seine River
- Staying at an elegant Provencal country villa
- Colorful Provencal village markets
- Provencal cooking class
- Roman city of Arles
- Culturally rich city of Avignon
- Visiting Pont du Gard
- The art of chocolate and wine pairing class
- Vineyard estate picnic
- Van Gogh's heritage in St. Remy and Arles
- Les Baux de Provence
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine appreciation
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodation in an elegant, boutique hotel in Paris
- Staying at a Provencal villa in St. Remy
- Upscale restaurants and a la carte dining, including wine
- Knowledgeable and passionate local guides
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and experienced tour director
- No forced shopping stops