Women Travel News. Why?
July 25 - August 3, 2020
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts in Frankfurt and ends in Berlin
$3,950 per person/double occupancy
$1,180 optional single supplement
$340 additional night / per room - optional
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Germany is an amazing country indeed. Beneath its facade of efficiency and pragmatism is an inspiring land of creativity, romance and soul-stirring scenery. Germany is a country brimming with history, spectacular architecture, spirit-lifting culture, and thousands of museums. The German countryside is filled with spellbinding landscapes, winding rivers and never ending vineyards. There is something undeniably artistic in the way Germany's scenery unfolds: medieval villages hide among dense forests, quaint churches sit steeped in history, foreboding castles loom above prim, half-timbered villages, where flower boxes billow with crimson geraniums, and cities stand witness to inspiring movements of art and design that shaped much of Europe. Germany celebrates its historical and cultural treasures in picturesque towns of cobblestone streets and half-timbered houses, with soothing landscapes dotted with imposing fairytale castles, and with awe-inspiring cities that rose from the ashes of destruction.
During the German History and Fairytales tour, we’ll look past the stereotypes, to fall under the spell of the medieval fairy tales, enchanted forests, storybook castles, and artistic movements. We’ll discover the crossroads of ideas and styles, experience the medieval beauty of the Rhine Valley, be awed by the Gothic and Baroque architecture of Heidelberg, Bamberg and Dresden, ponder the dramatic history of Berlin, and we’ll journey through the magical world, where Brothers Grimm fairy tales blur into today’s reality. We'll marvel at enchanting towns with extravagant cathedrals and palaces, cruise along German rivers, enjoy extraordinary culinary experiences and share in the summer atmosphere of celebration. Over ten days, we'll travel west to east across the country, exploring some of the most diverse and significant German sites. We'll traverse the paradigms, starting with the old castles that line the Rhine River and ending in the urban sophistication of Berlin, as we are immersed in German and European history and hear stories of its people.
While in Wiesbaden
, we'll cruise down the Rhine River
, stopping to visit villages frozen in time, medieval castles and wine taverns, we'll tour Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Bamberg.
While in Dresden, we'll tour the city's major sights including the Semperoper, the Frauenkirche and the Zwinger, we'll cruise up the Elbe River to visit the Pillnitz Palace, then follow the Saxon Wine Route, we'll visit the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory and the scenic Moritzburg Castle.
- While in Berlin, we'll explore the city's highlights: the Tiergarten, the Gendarmenmarkt, the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the remains of the Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie, and we'll visit Berlin's Jewish Museum.
- 3 nights in a historic spa hotel in the heart of Wiesbaden
- 3 nights in a exlusive modern hotel in the center of Dresden, overlooking the Frauenkirche
- 3 nights in a luxury five-star hotel right on Berlin's Potsdamer Platz
- Fine dining - traditional German and international menus: 9 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- All transportation in Germany in a private, comfortable bus
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure according to your flight arrival/departure times
- Experienced tour director and expert local guides, all sightseeing fees and admissions
- All attractions and activities as described in the itinerary
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, optional tour director's gratuity, additional pre-tour accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, room service, minibar, laundry, phone calls, and personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare.
River cruising on the romantic Rhine River
Rhine riverside villages and the Marksburg Castle
Wine tasting in a historic wine tavern
The university town of Heidelberg
The baroque city of Bamberg
Dresden's Zwinger, Frauenkirche, and Semperoper
Paddle Steamer cruise on the Elbe River
Pillnitz Palace and Gardens
Touring the Saxon Wine Route
Augustus the Strong's Moritzburg Castle
Meissen Porcelain Manufactory
Berlin's landmarks on an insider tour of the city
Cruise on Berlin's Spree River
Berlin's Jewish Museum
Farewell dinner at the Reichstag Terrace Restaurant
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Accommodations in upscale, perfectly located hotels (staying 3 nights in each)
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- In depth exploration of each location
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Experienced tour director
- Carefully designed itinerary
- Signature experiences not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping