Women Travel News. Why?
October 11 - 16, 2019
6 Days / 5 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Rome
$2,495 per person/double occupancy
$850 optional single supplement
Additional nights $320 single or double room
(airport transfer included)
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
Rome is one of the world's great cities: it's the city of the Caesars and la dolce vita, of long sunny days, endless art galleries, churches and museums, of fountain-splashed piazzas and majestic monuments from Rome's Imperial Golden Age. Rome is a city where the ancient buildings, cobbled medieval streets and Renaissance domes set the stage for great wine bars, fabulous dining, sidewalk cafes and incomparable shopping.
The Eternal Rome Tour will be an opportunity to immerse ourselves in the culture and history of the Eternal City and travel back two and a half thousand years to the dawn of Western civilization. We will tour the most significant monuments of ancient Rome: the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, visit the sites related to the early Christians and the Vatican - the present seat of Catholicism. We'll be awed by the historic city center with its purely Renaissance and Baroque character and the modern city around the architectural and artistic marvels, as we enjoy the Roman dolce vita of dining, shopping and friends.
Then, we'll escape from the city and travel into the lovely Lazio region of green hills and cascading waterfalls, as we visit Hadrian's Villa and Gardens used by the Roman Emperor as his summer retreat. We'll also tour elaborate gardens, fountains and waterfalls filling the aristocratic Villa d'Este inspired by Emperor Hadrian.
- We will spend 6 days at a boutique hotel in the center of Rome, by the Spanish Steps.
- We will enjoy several historian led walking tours: the ancient Rome, including the Colosseum and the Roman Forum; a private, in-depth tour of the Vatican, including the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica; the Rome of the Artists tour, including some of Rome's most celebrated sites: Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain; the Borghese Gallery tour, as well as sites away from the tourist trail where pagan symbolism and Christianity intermingle to search for the secrets scattered throughout Rome, as you breathe the air of intrigue, mystery and revelation.
- We will escape from the city and travel into the lovely Lazio region of green hills and cascading waterfalls as you visit Hadrian's Villa and Gardens used by the Roman Emperor as his summer retreat. After an elaborate lunch, with what many argue is the best view in Lazio, you will continue with the exploration of gardens, fountains and waterfalls filling the aristocratic Villa d'Este inspired by Emperor Hadrian.
Throughout the tour, we will dine in carefully selected restaurants reflecting the character of Rome, while breakfasts will be served at the hotel's restaurant.
5 nights at a boutique hotel, located in the center of Rome, by the Spanish Steps
- Delicious meals - traditional Italian cuisine or vegetarian meals: 5 breakfasts, 3 dinners, 2 lunches, including drinks
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure (or transfer from Naples or to Palermo if combining this tour with the Amalfi Coast or the Secrets of Sicily tour)
- Experienced, full time tour director, professional local guides, guided tours, all admissions, all transportation in Rome
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, optional additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, optional tour director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, activities not mentioned in the itinerary, telephone charges, room service, minibar, laundry, personal expenses, etc.
The cost does not include airfare.
- The gems of the Ancient Rome: the Pantheon, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill
- Roman countryside: Hadrian's Villa and Villa d'Este in Tivoli
- The Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Renaissance and Baroque Rome: Rome's most celebrated piazzas and fountains
- Galleria Borghese, Villa Borghese and Borghese Gardens
- Shopping on Via Veneto
- Dining on the fabulous Roman cuisine
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including the signature Rome experiences
- Additional, exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Some of the best guides in Rome (people you might have seen as experts on the History Channel)
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located Rome hotel next to the Spanish Steps
- Experienced tour director
- Exquisite private meals at Roman restaurants, cafes and pizzerias
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping