Women Travel News. Why?
Click on the image to enlarge the map
August 16 - 26, 2021
11 Days /10 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Zurich
$5,380 per person/double occupancy
$1,660 optional single supplement
$350 early arrival, single or double room (airport transfer included)
Includes all fees and taxes
ONE SINGLE ROOM AND ONE SHARED ROOM LEFT
If you ever dreamed about an idyllic mountain vacation, Switzerland checks off all the boxes. It offers ravishing landscapes of green pastures, hiking trails, views of glacier-encrusted Alps, glittering lake shores and pea-green vineyards, while the uber-cool Zurich gives it an urban edge. Traveling through Switzerland is mapped by castles and craft beer, new-wave restaurants and relaxed waterfront bars with Alpine views, mountain chalets brightened with red geraniums, folk fairs, and the alp-horn concerts, while the celebration of gooey cheese, velvety chocolate, and air-dried meats provide a flavorful culinary background, spiced with the unexpected encounters with modern aesthetics, contemporary art and fresh-faced design. Beyond cheese, chocolate and cuckoo clocks, lies the contemporary Switzerland, land of four languages, once-in-a-lifetime train journeys, heart-racing Alpine pursuits and tantalizing urban culture.
Defined by unspoiled, iconic mountain ranges with massive, snow-covered peaks reaching to the sky, azure lakes, Alpine meadows filled with rare flowers, sloping green hills sheltering medieval towns and castles, a sophisticated network of trains and cable cars, and of course cheese and chocolate, Switzerland is easy to love. This is a region of geologic and natural wonders, fresh mountain air, cows wandering freely in green pastures, and people adhering to old ways, yet embracing the newest technological achievements and doing their best to preserve the planet.
The Cool Switzerland Tour offers an intimate, in-depth encounter with the Swiss mountain wonderland, with an amazing array of varied activities: Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken and the Bernese Alps, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Appenzell, the Glacier Express, a castle, a hermit's cave, Alpine hikes, lake cruises, scenic drives and train rides, cable cars to famous summits: Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Harder Kulm, Gornergrat, Klein Matterhorn; chocolate making and tasting experience, cheese making, Baroque Abbey with a stunning library, each day is different and exciting.
- While staying in Zurich, we'll tour the Old Town, then take a day trip to Lucerne, where we'll cruise on Lake Lucerne, admire the town's art filled covered bridges and the Lion Monument. On the way from Zurich to Wengen, we'll tour the 12th century Oberhofen Castle and Saint Beatus Caves.
- While in Wengen, a car-free village in the Jungfrau region of the Bernese Alps, we'll take two easy hikes, ride the mountain trains, cable cars, aerial gondolas and cogwheel trains to the famous summits of Jungfrau and Schilthorn. We'll spend a day in Interlaken, cruising Lake Brienz and indulging in a chocolate making class.
- While in Zermatt, we'll admire Matterhorn both from Gornergrat and from the Klein Matterhorn, as we get to play in the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise.
- We'll ride the legendary Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz.
- Before returning to Zurich, we'll follow the Bernina Express route, then stop in St. Gallen to se the Baroque Abbey with its beautiful library, then in Appenzell for a cheese making class.
- 2 nights at a modern urban hotel in Zurich; 4 nights at a stylish mountain chalet style hotel in Wengen; 2 nights at a contemporary boutique hotel in Zermatt; 1 night at a "mountain chic" hotel in St. Moritz; 1 night at a comfortable airport hotel in Zurich Airport
- Delicious a la carte meals - traditional Swiss and international cuisine: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 8 dinners, including drinks
- Comfortable, private bus between Zurich and Lauterbrunnen and St. Moritz and Zurich
- Train travel between Zurich and Lucerne, Wengen and Zermatt and all the mountain trains, cable cars, aerial gondolas, and cogweel trains getting to locations during the tour
- Glacier Express between Zermatt and St. Moritz
- Private airport transfer on arrival (departure is from an airport hotel, adjacent to the terminal)
- Cultural activities as per itinerary: chocolate making class with tasting and cheese making experience
- Experienced Tour Director, professional local guides, guided tours, all sightseeing and admission fees
- All guides', drivers' and restaurants' gratuities
Additional/optional costs may include: optional single supplement, optional travel insurance, additional accommodations, early hotel check-in, meals not included in the itinerary, optional activities not in the itinerary, optional Tour Director's gratuity, telephone charges, room service, minibar, laundry, personal expenses, etc.
The tour cost does not include airfare.
- The Glacier Express
- Jungfraujoch and Shilthorn Summits
- Hiking the Swiss Alps
- Chocolate making class with tasting
- Cheese making experience
- Traversing the Alps by trains
- Staying in car free villages in Wengen and in Zermatt
- The covered bridges of Lucerne
- Lake cruises on Lake Lucerne and Lake Brienz
- Zurich's Old Town
- Oberhofen Castle
- The waterfalls of the Lauterbrunnen Valley
- Saint Beatus Caves
- Seeing Matterhorn from Gornergrat
- Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
- St. Gallen Baroque Abbey and Library
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Swiss experiences
- Accommodation in upscale, perfectly located hotels throughout the tour
- Knowledgeable private guides
- Experienced Tour Director
- Private, comfortable transportation
- Exquisite meals throughout the tour
- Exclusive, private experiences, not available to larger groups
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- No forced shopping