Women Travel News. Why?
February 7 - 17, 2020
11 Days / 10 Nights
Tour starts in Bankgok and ends in Phuket
$4,280 per person/double occupancy
$1,360 single supplement
$300 additional night - single or double room, includes a private airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Click on the image to enlarge the map
This tour may be combined with the Luang Prabang tour to Laos (February 17 - 20, 2020)
Thailand is a treasure trove filled with glittering temples, exotic markets, mystical Buddhist sanctuaries, dreamy white beaches and sumptuous food. The country is rich in history and traditional culture which blend seamlessly with the contemporary lifestyle. From the gleaming ultramodern high rises and impressive temples of Bangkok, through tranquil waterways and lush jungle hideaways to the ancient beauty of Chiang Mai, the colorful hill tribes' villages in the North and the world-class island beaches in the South, this trip will leave you dreaming of golden palaces and turquoise seas long after you leave. We'll tour Bangkok and the imperial Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Siam Kingdom, once considered the grandest city on Earth, spend an exciting day with Thailand's beloved elephants, study Thai cuisine, offer alms to monks at some of Thailand's most sacred Buddhist temples, visit the exotic hill tribes, snorkel in the tropical paradise, as we sail off Phuket on a private speedboat, and enjoy the peaceful experience of yoga and meditation on the beach.
- While in Bangkok, we'll get an overview of the city with an elegant dinner cruise, then we'll tour Bangkok by a rice barge along the Chao Praya River and its ancient canals, stopping to visit the Wat Arun Temple, the Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha, the Temple of Dawn and the Reclining Buddha, and drive tuk-tuks through Bangkok's flower markets, with their profusion of multi-colored orchids. We'll visit the Ayutthaya Historical Park, once the capital of the Siam Kingdom, with its ancient wats and royal compounds, as we enjoy the best of Thai cuisine on a traditional teak rice barge.
- While in Chiang Mai, we'll visit the temple of Wat Phrathat on the Doi Suthep Mountain, spend a day volunteering at the Elephant Sanctuary, visit the Lisu and Long Neck Karen tribe ethnic minorities villages, and learn about Thai cooking, as we try our hand at this ancient art. We'll experience the Thai hot springs, tour the amazing White Temple, and visit the Long Neck Karen tribes with long-necked women wearing their exotic neck coils and intricate local costumes.
- In Phuket, we'll relax on the world-class beaches and maybe try the Thai massage. We'll tour the Phi Phi Islands by a private speedboat, snorkel in the Andaman Sea, and enjoy the experience of yoga and meditation on the beach.
- Throughout the tour, we'll enjoy luxury hotels, fine dining, passionate and knowledgeable guides and exclusive activities which will let us experience Thailand on a deep, personal level.
- 10 nights' accommodations in modern, upscale hotels: 3 nights in Bangkok, 4 nights in Chiang Mai, and 3 nights in Phuket
- Fine dining: 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 4 dinners, including drinks
- Bottled mineral water and cold towels on days when touring by bus
- Professional local tour guides throughout the tour
- Experienced tour director throughout the tour
- All transportation in Thailand: comfortable, air-conditioned buses and boats
- 2 domestic flights: Bangkok - Chiang Mai and Chiang Mai - Phuket and all airline fees and taxes
- Private airport transfers on arrival and on departure
- All sightseeing fees and admissions for all attractions, activities and excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Yoga and meditation on the beach, a private Thai Cooking Class, snorkeling in Andaman Sea, and all other activities mentioned in the itinerary
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
Optional single supplement fee, early hotel check-in, optional travel insurance, overweight luggage fees, meals and activities not mentioned in the itinerary, porterage, housekeeping gratuities, optional tour director's gratuity, spa and massage services, room service, mini bar, telephone charges and other personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare to Thailand.
- Bangkok's opulent Grand Palace, the Emerald Buddha and the Temple of Dawn
- The magnificent Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Siam Kingdom
- Chiang Rai's White Temple
- A day volunteering at the Elephant Sanctuary
- Traditional Thai cooking class
- Visiting ethnic tribes, including Lisu and Long Neck Karen
- Day on a private sailing boat in the Andaman Sea off Phuket
- Snorkeling off Phi Phi Islands
- Yoga and meditation on the beach in Phuket
|What Makes This Tour Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Thai experiences
- Exclusive experiences, not available to larger groups
- Small group of maximum 16 women
- Knowledgeable and passionate private guides
- Visiting Long Neck Karen tribe, rarely seen by others
- An experienced tour director throughout the trip
- Accommodations in upscale, perfectly located hotels
- Inclusion of most meals throughout the tour, including drinks
- Inclusion of two domestic flights in the tour price
- Inclusion of all restaurants', guides' and drivers' gratuities
- No forced shopping