Women Travel News. Why?
Click on the image to enlarge the map
August 19 - 28, 2022
10 Days / 9 Nights
Tour starts and ends in Lima
$4,580 per person / double occupancy
$1,460 optional single supplement
$360 additional night at Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores in Lima, single or double, includes airport transfer
Includes all fees and taxes
Peru is a land of archaeological, cultural and natural treasures. From the soaring peaks of the Andes to the tranquil Lake Titicaca, and from the magnificent Inca heritage to the Spanish conquistadors' colonial mansions, it fascinates with the allure of the ancient and the mysterious. While the country boasts the stunning legacy of the Incas and other sophisticated pre-Colombian civilizations, it is also a place to admire the brilliant hand-woven textiles, exuberant celebrations, exotic animals, and intriguing people.
The Sights and Soul Travels' exploration of Peru Through the Eyes of Women offers a look into the soul of the country and the role of women in Peruvian societies over the last two thousand years. Over the course of the journey, we'll explore the grandeur of the cosmopolitan Lima, one of the world's culinary meccas, with elegant Spanish architecture and world-class museums. At Larco Museum, we'll discuss the role of women in pre-Colombian Peru with its curator, and at Barbosa-Stern collection, we'll meet with its founder and art restorer to talk about the artifacts that still bear a silent testimony to the power of past civilizations. While exploring the Sacred Valley, we'll meet the woman who devoted her life to the preservation of the native Andean weaving traditions, witness indigenous rituals and meet Andean artisans to gain an understanding of Peru's deep cultural roots.
The highlight of any trip to Peru is visiting Machu Picchu. At its height, the Inca Empire was a highly developed civilization, and it is reflected in the magnificent remains of Machu Picchu. As we tour this amazing site, we'll enjoy the insight of an expert anthropologist guide, who will accompany us during this special visit. By staying overnight near the site, we’ll wake to the early morning sun bathing the stones in an evocative light and we'll be able to explore Machu Picchu without the crowds. Later, we'll tour the historic Cuzco, synonymous with South American lost civilizations, and see some of the most revered temples and architectural masterpieces of the Inca Empire. Finally, we'll take the luxurious Andean Explorer train past the soaring Andes peaks to unwind on the peaceful Lake Titicaca, where the snowcapped Andes provide a breathtaking backdrop to the deep blue lake, and where the top-hatted Uros people live on floating islands made of reeds.
- While in Lima, we'll enjoy private tours of the Larco Herrera Museum and the Barbosa-Stern Collection accompanied by their curators. We'll tour the city and enjoy a gourmet culinary experience at a restaurant located at the ancient Inca site of Huaca Pucllana.
- While in the Sacred Valley's Urubamba, we'll spend a day in the ethnic Cuyuni community, witness indigenous rituals, participate in community activities and share a meal with its elders. We'll also meet the founder of the Center for Traditional Textiles and learn about Andean weaving.
- While in Machu Picchu, we'll tour the site with the anthropologist, Jean Jacques Decoster, and because we'll be staying overnight, we'll get a chance to explore the site in more depth and with no crowds.
- While in Cuzco, we'll be staying at a monastery, turned into an exclusive hotel, and our tour of the city will include the temple of Koricancha, dedicated to the Sun God, the walled fortress of Sacsayhuaman and the colorful local market of San Pedro.
- While exploring Lake Titicaca, we'll meet the Aymaras people, who live on the Uros Islands, made of reeds growing in the lake's shallows; we'll visit the islands of Taquile and Amantani, where we'll have lunch at a local home and observe the old Quechua traditions such as stone carving, basket making, and the ritual knowledge of medicine men.
- Throughout the tour, we will dine in carefully selected gourmet restaurants and sample delicious wines and exceptional, innovative cuisine.
- 9 nights at designer 4 and 5 star hotels in Lima, Urubamba, Machu Picchu, Cuzco, and Puno
- Delicious meals: 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, including drinks
- Private airport transfers on arrival, group airport transfer on departure
- All transportation in Peru by a private, air-conditioned bus
- Andean Explorer train from Cuzco to Puno
- Domestic flights from Lima to Cuzco and from Juliaca to Lima, including all fees and taxes
- Vistadome panoramic train to and from Machu Picchu
- Private boat tour of Lake Titicaca
- Meeting with several highly accomplished women of Peru and learning about the history of Peruvian women
- All activities, sightseeing fees and admissions, as per itinerary
- All restaurants', guides' and drivers' tips, luggage handling at all hotels
- Private local guides throughout the tour, expert guides at historical sites and an experienced Tour Director
Additional/optional costs may include: optional travel insurance, optional single room supplement, optional early arrival or late departure accommodations, optional Tour Director's gratuities, meals not included in the itinerary, telephone charges, laundry, minibar, personal expenses.
The cost does not include airfare to and from Lima.
- Cosmopolitan Lima with its culinary culture
- Fascinating pre-Colombian artifacts in Lima museums
- Peruvian weaving and native textiles
- Llamas and alpacas
- The mesmerizing indigenous rituals of the Sacred Valley communities
- Meeting with the indigenous Cuyuni community
- The Inca heritage at the mysterious Machu Picchu
- Revered Inca Empire temples and fortresses in Cuzco
- Staying at a former monastery in Cuzco
- Riding the Andean Explorer luxury train through the Andes
- Exploring the reed islands of Uros, Taquile, and Amantani and meeting the Aymaras people
- Learning about the women of Peru
|What Makes This Trip Special |
- Carefully designed itinerary, including signature Peru experiences
- Exclusive experiences not available to other groups
- Knowledgeable private guides, including a renowned Inca anthropologist
- Accommodation in perfectly located luxury hotels
- Dining at upscale restaurants, including drinks
- A small group of maximum 16 women
- A professional, experienced Tour Director
- Inclusion of all tips and gratuities
- No forced shopping